Franchise Business with Animals at Home
Animals at Home, A Franchise Business Since 2005…
What is a Franchise: The granting of a license by one person (the franchisor) to another (the franchisee), which entitles the franchisee to trade under the trademark/trade name of the franchisor and to make use of an entire package, comprising all the elements necessary to establish a previously untrained person in the business and to run it with continual assistance on a predetermined basis.
Both parties will sign a franchise agreement which is a legally binding contract, outlining obligations and responsibilities, this agreement usually lasts for 5 years. The franchisee pays an initial fee to get started and then an ongoing monthly fee which is usually a fixed amount or a percentage of turnover.
What Animals At Home Provide their Franchisees: In return, Animals at Home, the owner of the brand (the franchisor), provides everything you need to start and run your own business successfully. We will deliver all the initial training, tools, equipment and systems required and provide ongoing support through refresher training, business reviews and business planning.
The provision of ongoing support is a vital element. Whilst the franchisee is the owner of the business, it is important to bear in mind that it is Animals at Home’s system and brand that the franchisee is operating under. An ongoing dialogue between Animals at Home and the franchisee is crucial therefore in contributing to the success of each individual franchise unit and consequently, the franchise network.
Why Should You Choose a Pet Franchise?:
- In Business for Yourself – But Not by Yourself
- You will be supported by our Animals at Home Head Office team, who want you to succeed and are surrounded by a network of like-minded individuals who are all going through the same thing.
- A Proven Business Model.
- Animals at Home has evidenced they have a proven business model which can be successfully replicated in another location. Whilst success cannot be guaranteed, a franchise provides a level of reassurance, showing the business model does work.
- A Lower Failure Rate
- Franchising has a significantly lower failure rate versus when going into business alone, on average, over 40% of standalone businesses fail versus less than 5% of Franchisee businesses. Animals at Home has already made the mistakes, so you don’t have to!
- An Opportunity For Everyone
- Franchising is an exciting and diverse industry. Animals at Home has been delighted to welcome more women or entrepreneurs of any age into our Franchise over the recent years. Whether you are looking for a flexible opportunity or looking to build an empire, franchising with Animals at Home could be the key.
- Invest In Your Future
- Animals at Home is an investment in your future, with many of our franchisee’s handing their business over to their family members or selling their business for a substantial profit when they are ready to retire or move on to new pastures.
Start your Pet Franchise journey today...Get In Touch
The Animals at Home Pet Franchise
Venturing into the Pet Care Business can seem daunting without the right guidance and support. However, with Animals at Home, you're never alone. We bring to the table 18 years of franchising expertise to help you establish and grow your Pet Care venture.
Building a successful business involves several essential factors. Here are some key points that need careful consideration:
- Business Insurance: Ensuring your business is adequately insured to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
- Animal Ambulance: Having the means to transport pets in need of emergency care.
- Vehicle Insurance: Covering your transportation used in the course of your business activities.
- Pet Care Service Training: Enhancing your skills and knowledge in providing optimal pet care.
- Home Boarding & Day Care Licenses: Complying with legal requirements for pet boarding and daycare services.
- DBS/Disclosure Scotland: Obtaining necessary criminal record checks for the safety and trust of your clients.
- Website, Domains & Office Set Up: Creating your online presence and setting up a functional workspace.
- Branding/Trademark: Establishing a unique and recognisable brand identity.
- Documentation & Legal Agreements: Drafting necessary legal documents and agreements to protect your business.
- Marketing & Advertising: Promoting your services to reach your target audience effectively.
- Uniform: Creating a professional image with branded uniforms.
- CRM Software and Accounts Package: Streamlining your business operations and accounting processes.
- Accounts: Setting up and managing your business finances.
At Animals at Home, we ease your start-up journey by providing comprehensive training, branded uniforms, and all the requisite elements to kickstart your business.
Furthermore, we offer a dedicated mentorship scheme for six months and access to a private Franchisee Facebook group page for advice and support from other franchisees. This way, you'll always have someone to turn to at every step of your entrepreneurial journey.
The motivations for investing in Animals at Home are many and varied. From the desire to escape the 9 to 5 routine, be your own boss, improve career prospects and lifestyle, as well as spend more time with family and have a more flexible routine, franchising is seen as a very realistic option for many people who want to start their own business.
But don’t just take it from us, see what our members have to say!
Jayne Archer – Animals at Home Exeter
‘’We have taken the business model to nearly double the income that was initially anticipated by the original franchisors - I have been absolutely amazed at the turnover of the business, and it has far exceeded any expectations.’’
Tracey & Gary Glover – Animals at Home North Notts
‘’The business model is very good with all the help and training, you can grow your business to as big or small as you want. It is challenging work setting up your own business, but the help and guidance you get from the Animals at Home franchise management team when you first start out, is the biggest help you could want. I am earning what I expect with the services I provide, as I do work on my own for most of the time.’’
Amanda Gaul - Animals at Home Worcestershire
‘’I worked in a high-pressure corporate role and came to a crossroads where I knew I needed to do something different. It was scary leaving a secure job but I knew I needed a change and I knew I wanted something to do with animals. After a lot of research, I decided to buy a franchise from Animals at Home where I knew I would get the benefit of their years of experience. This was certainly the right decision and I love my job.’’
Debbie Walton – Animals at Home Torbay
‘’We wanted to start up our own business and liked the support and industry knowledge that is provided by Animals at Home. Our earnings have exceeded our expectations.’’